Syncthing is a useful open source tool to keep all of your files in sync over multiple computers. It works like Dropbox, but it’s a peer-to-peer system instead of having a central repository to host all of your files.
Windows Set Up
- Download the windows client from the Syncthing website.
- Copy the EXE file to a folder on your Windows machine.
- Create a Batch file in the same folder with the following:
- start “Syncthing” syncthing.exe -no-console -no-browser
- Create a shortcut to the batch file and copy it to the startup folder. The startup folder can be accessed by entering “shell:startup” in the run dialog box.
- Admin interface is located at http://127.0.0.1:8384.
Update: SyncTrazor is a small stand-alone browser that automatically runs, restarts, updates etc. Syncthing for you.