- Boot Debian 8 Network Install CD (or Armbian Jessie image. If running Armbian with a USB harddrive, now would be a good time to run ‘nand-sata-install’ to boot off the HDD.)
- Select “Install”.
- Create “myth” user.
- Choose separate “home” partition.
- When prompted for software packages to install, unselect everything except “SSH Server” and “Standard System Utilities”.
- Log in as “root” and run “apt-get install sudo”. Then add “myth ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL” to /etc/sudoers & log out.
- Log in as “myth” and add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:
- deb http://deb-multimedia.org/ jessie main non-free
- Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webmin.list:
- deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
- Create the following directories:
- mkdir /home/myth/recordings
- chmod -R 777 /home/myth/recordings
- mkdir /home/myth/recordings/banners
- mkdir /home/myth/recordings/fanart
- mkdir /home/myth/recordings/coverart
- Run the following commands:
- wget http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc
- sudo apt-key add jcameron-key.asc
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- sudo apt-get install xauth webmin
(Set Time Zone in Webmin. Time server is pool.ntp.org.)
- sudo apt-get install mythtv mythweb
- sudo service ntp start
- wget https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/raw/master/mythtv/programs/scripts/database/mythconverg_restore.pl
- chmod a+x mythconverg_restore.pl
(Use Webmin to copy MythTV database backup to root folder)
- ./mythconverg_restore.pl –drop_database –create_database –directory /home/myth –filename mythconverg-1317-20170223222314.sql.gz
- Edit /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini to fix a bug in mythweb:
- max_input_vars = 100000
- Add the IP address of the computer to /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
- bind-address = 10.0.1.10
- Restart Apache and MySQL. Also, start Myth Backend and run mythtv-setup from a remote computer:
- sudo service apache2 restart
- sudo service mysql restart
- sudo service mythtv-backend start
- (from remote computer) ssh firstname.lastname@example.org -X
- (from remote computer) sudo nano /etc/mythtv/config.xml (copy database password)
- (from remote computer) mythtv-setup (change the IP address to the IP address running MythTV and paste the database password). You should now be able to finish setting up MythTV.
- mythmetadatalookup –refresh-all-rules
- mythmetadatalookup –refresh-all
- mythmetadatalookup –refresh-all-artwork
[UPDATE: WORKS FLAWLESSLY WITH ASTERISK 11 TOO…On Asterisk 11, you can choose XMPP as well as the protocol, right now its just SIP:, imagine the possibilities. Also fixed the issue when failed message]
[ANOTHER UPDATE FOR Offline message – We all know when devices are offline, messages cannot be sent and it will be discarded by Asterisk. I’ve written another dialplan/solution to that here]
With Asterisk 10 comes a channel independent dialplan for handling SIP MESSAGING (and jabber if that’s configured) method. In other words, phones that support SIP Continue reading